Sunday, December 14, 2008

We Saved A Life Last Night

Last night my husband and I went to this company's Christmas Party. When we got home at about 11:30pm I saw something in our pool. Now we get things in our pool all the time some of them include frogs, turtles, snakes along with pine needles tree limbs and palm leafs. This how ever was a first we had a young bunny that thought it could swim and it was doing a pretty good job. The problem came in because it was cold out (for Florida) and the water was very cold the the poor little thing was actually freezing to death. We brought it into the house and made a warm cozy place with a heating pad and some towels in an old large cookie can. I sat with it for an hour rubbing it dry and watching it come back to life minute by minute it. when I was pretty sure that it was going to be ok we put a towel in a cooler in the garage and we put the bunny in there with a small bowl of water. We went out this morning and it had gotten out of the cooler. We let it go in our front yard and it hopped away under a bush. I was very happy that we were able to help this little creature and give it another shot at a life. I will admit that the whole time I was working with this bunny I kept thinking I hope I'm not doing this just to have an owl or hawk get you a soon as we let you go.

No comments: