Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vote I did

I voted today, I did this because I did not want to take the chance of something happening and not being able to make it to the poles on Tuesday. Also I made my decision and did not want to think about it anymore (not an easy decision). My decision came down to listening to what God told me to do and I just hope i heard him right. I feel good about my choice conceding I was hoping for a different person to throw there hat into the ring, and give me a better choice that either of those running. I do not have an issue with the way people vote as long as it is an informed decision and not one made for superficial reasons. My daughter had a discussion with a girl from work that got mad at her because she voted for McCain the girl accused her of not voting for Obama because of his skin color, if you know my daughter you know that could not be farther from the truth. My daughter is the most conservative person in our house and just could not vote for Obama because of his policies. This really made my daughter mad because this girl told her that the only reason was voting for Obama was skin color. I am sure there are many people who will base their vote on skin color alone going both ways and I take issue with all of them. My prayer is that people will look at the issues decide who they think will be the best president and vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that you voted and that you voted for who you thought was the best candidate. I am sad to hear that Berta was told that by someone. It really is dumbfounding how narrow minded people can be.